Saturday, February 24, 2007

How to access blocked websites or blogs

If you would like to open a blog xyz.blogspot.com , in all probability, you will get a connection timed out response.The reason behind this is that blogspot domain is blocked.
So what to do????????
1.) type inblogs.net/xyz ,
2.) pkblogs.com/xyz , OR
3.) you can go to a url rediretion site such as x28.org 3xa.org www.m32.org www.thecamelclub.org etc.(it might be possible that the common proxies are already blocked such as anonymizer) and just enter the name of the site that you want to open.
These sites are not common, so if you are lucky you might be able to open them.

Many of you must be orkut fans
But now days colleges,companies etc. have started blocking such social sites
(In our college cyberoam software restricts access to orkut)

But here lies the trick, you can use the IP address of the website instead.
How to determine the IP address , very simple, go to shell (command prompt for windows)
and type ping www.site_you_want_to_open.com
This will give you the IP address of the site.
So use http://72.14.209.85 instead of orkut.com in your browser
If orkut opens , then congrats else it seems that blocking software is smart enough
A further trick is to use decimal representation of the IP address
so instead of http://72.14.209.85 you can type http://1208930645
You can easily convert an IP address(octet notation) into decimal notation by visiting
http://www.csgnetwork.com/ipaddconv.html

But I was unable to open labnol.blogspot.com by method #1 and method #2
A message "Sorry, this is a banned blog!" comes instead
So I opened labnol.blogspot.com using m32.org, thank god it opened atlast.
But the problem with visiting url redirecting sites is that they make the surfing experience very slow.
So I decided to subscribe to labnol.blogspot.com via Google Reader
You can uses your gmail account to subscribe.
If anyone has any better idea then plz tell me.

Bbye

3 comments:

wolf said...

My ISP blocks all proxies and I cannot connect threw direct IP :(( But I use paid service http://strongvpn.com. It's a VPN tunnel between the PC and internet and gives a static American IP. Also real 24*7 support is provided.

alex smith said...

When I send info to my colleages vpn makes it secure

hum hain TASHAN said...

this is not working..m doing "ping www.orkut.com". bt it giving me msg that Host could not find orkut.com...
so i m nt able to get the IP address of orkut in my office .
and another proxies also nt able to open orkut in my office..
so plz if u cn tell me another idea then u can mail me on my id prasad2006ankit@gmail.com
thanks in advance..
gd bye tc